Good morning, Reader! Winter is here and the beautiful warm days of Fall have disappeared and ushered in the bitter, windy cold. The sunshine is deceiving when looking out from a nice warm house. 😎 Once I stepped outside, Winter reminded me exactly what season we’re in LOL!
But isn’t this example indicative of mankind? They appear to have a good life on the outside, but their heart on the inside is a an evil and reprobate heart. This heart is one of those sins evident in the end times and we can truly see it today, can’t we?
If you’re not famlilar with the word reprobate, its meaning as it refers to the faith from today’s verse is:
REPROBATE, a. [L. reprobatus, reprobo, to disallow; re and probo, to prove.]
Abandoned to error, or in apostasy. 2 Tim 3.
REP’ROBATE, n. A person abandoned to sin; one lost to virtue and religion.
I acknowledge myself a reprobate, a villain, a traitor to the king.
The Scriptures are our source of truth, as we have learned thus far, amen?
Jeremiah tried to explain the attitude of the heart of man during these end times. As you read verse 15 above, these people will not be ashamed at their sinful abominations, nor will they “blush” with shame and embarrassment when these sins are spoken. What are the abominations spoken of in Scripture?
- Homsexuality – Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
- Pride, lies, shedding of innocent blood, a heart that schemes wickedness, feet that run to cause harm, damage; a false witness, one who causes problems amongst church members. (Pro 6:16-19) These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: (17) A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, (18) An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, (19) A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
- Sacrifices of the wicked – Proverbs 15:8 The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD: but the prayer of the upright is his delight.
- Person who turns away the Gospel – Proverbs 28:9 He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.
- Thoughts of the wicked – Proverbs 15:26 The thoughts of the wicked are an abomination to the LORD: but the words of the pure are pleasant words.
Everyday, ordinary people are guilty of most of these abominations! Jeremiah continued to say what happens to the reprobate:
Are you going to be one of those people who fall under the five categories above? Are you:
➡ a homosexual ➡ prideful ➡ liar ➡ have had or promote abortion ➡ do you continue to do something evil ➡ do you cause harm to others or damage to their property ➡ are you a false witness ➡ do you cause problems in your church ➡ are you religious and perform sacrifices thinking that will earn your way to Heaven ➡ have you turned away the Gospel ➡ are your thoughts wicked
My friend, this is just a reminder to us how evil these end times are. The heart of man is wicked, even though you don’t think yourself as wicked, at least not compared to the next guy. But compare yourself to God – He is holy and He is the measuring stick for our morality.
If you are born again, spread the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ before it is eternally too late to do so. Rapture can happen at any moment and that opportunity ceases.
If you happen to be reading this and are not saved, it is no coincidence. God has placed you here for such a time as this so that you may be saved. Please click here and the link will open up in a separate tab to You Can Be Born Again and Know It!