Good morning, Reader!!! Oh how wonderful today’s post is on Revelation 21!!! I could not find a graphic that would accurately depict this event so the graphic I used at the top will have to suffice, LOL! I look forward to what the Lord has in store for us during that period of time!
The world may not believe this, but this event was all prophesied by Jesus, Isaiah and Peter. Jesus told us that the new heaven and earth would happen in Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. Isaiah said it in Isa 65:17-19 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. (18) But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy. (19) And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying. Lastly Peter stated in 2Pe 3:10-13 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. (11) Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, (12) Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? (13) Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
Revelation 20:11 also gives us a glimpse of this. In today’s verses, Revelation 21:1-8, we see that everything will be made new. In fact, the new Heaven and earth will not have a sea. Hmmmm … that’s something to think about. Is it because Jesus is the “Living Water” from John 4:10 and John 7:38? In Revelation 21:6, Jesus says that He will give those that are thirsty of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Imagine the world depicted in Revelation 20:4!!! This is way beyond my imagination. There are a few things in life that I have regretted. I have dear friends who have chronic illnesses, including my husband! These things will all be gone! Praise God!
First of all, God will be present, as we read in verse 3. The Apostle John told us in John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. That word “dwelt” in the Greek is:
From G4636; to tent or encamp, that is, (figuratively) to occupy (as a mansion) or (specifically) to reside (as God did in the Tabernacle of old, a symbol of protection and communion): – dwell.
God will dwell with us! Is it any wonder that one of Jesus’ names is Emmanuel (or Immanuel) Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. Emmanuel means “God with us”! Everything in the Bible intertwines. Isn’t it wonderful?? (Wonderful is also a name for Jesus in Isaiah 9:6 😀)”
Moving on, Revelation 21:4 tells us that there will no longer be any death, pain or sorrow! All these will be absent and former things are passed away. It makes me wonder if all my tears of my past will disappear. Will all my memories be wiped clear so they don’t make me cry anymore? … It’s something to think about.
We see in Revelation 21:7 that it declares to us those who inherit all things (those are the born again believers) will be God’s sons!! We are His children – is it any wonder that Jesus forbid the disciples to keep the children away (Matthew 10:13-16)? Jesus said: Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. God’s Kingdom is coming whether you like it or not.
Just so God makes it perfectly clear who won’t be entering into His Kingdom of Heaven, He lists the sins of the unbelievers so they are without excuse in Revelation 21:8:
- Fearful: Heb 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. God will judge righteously because He is Holy. Lev 20:7 Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God. 1Pet 1:15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; 1Pet 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
- Unbelieving: Mat 12:31-32 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. (32) And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
- The abominable: Tit 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.
- Murderers: Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
- Whoremongers: Eph 5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. The Greek word for whoremonger is G4205 πόρνος pornos por’-nos From πέρνημι pernēmi (to sell; akin to the base of G4097); a (male) prostitute (as venal), that is, (by analogy) a debauchee (libertine): – fornicator, whoremonger. As you can see, “pornos” is the word pornography is derived.
- Sorcerers: Mal 3:5 And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.
- Idolaters: 1Co 6:9-10 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, (10) Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
- Liars: 1Ti 1:9-10 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, (10) For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
Friend, you can give to charity as much as you want but if you are guilty of any of those sins above, it just won’t matter. If you are not born again, no amount of good works or philanthropic deeds you do will gain you entrance in Heaven (Jas 2:10) For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. You must be born again! Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
It’s up to you; it’s your choice! So with that in mind, I want to be sure that anyone who reads the posts on this blog can know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are going to Heaven. Have you received Christ as your Saviour? If no, your sins are not covered by His sacrificial offering of Himself. You have not been redeemed by His blood. It is no coincidence that God has placed you here for such a time as this so that you may be saved if you are not already. Please click here and the link will open up in a separate tab to You Can Be Born Again and Know It!