What a beautiful morning it is! There’s something about the sunrise and its promise of a new day! I love the smells of the outdoors; I love the chirping of birds; and I love the sun as it makes its appearance! As a born-again child of God, I know that should I not open my eyes here on earth, I most certain will open them in Heaven, forever to be with my Lord and Saviour! Oh how I long for the day where I may not taste death but will be wondrously raptured! Despite all the joy in heart, I also feel overwhelmed with grief knowing that there are some in my circle of friends and family who will not experience the Rapture. I’m not even sure if they will experience salvation during the Tribulation. This breaks my heart and it should break yours if you’re in the same boat that I am.
This post will be a tad long. To show you what will be in the heart of man during the Tribulation has to be prefaced by what is in their hearts today. Mankind has wandered so far away from God that his own pride blinds him from anything spiritual. We see it today in people’s attitudes! The Bible says in 2Timothy 3:1-7 that in the last days, people would display the following traits:
- Lovers of their own selves – Social media has created a generation of self obsessed people! One only has to go on social media for a few minutes to see that this is a true statement. Because the internet didn’t exist before the early 1980’s, we didn’t hear about this type of behavior. But now, we see people with their noses in their phones.
- covetous – As soon as the newest iPhone comes out or a new pair of sneakers, people line up and wait in line because they “just have to have it”! Even if they can’t afford it, they’ll charge it so they can have it right now!
- boasters – Boasters want you to know everything about them and what they have accomplished. Their self pride comes through.
- proud – As I wrote above, pride is prevalent in the end times. No more do we see humbleness. Man has to take credit for everything and no longer give glory to God. (1John 2:16 and Ps 10:4)
- blasphemers – We are a world of blasphemers. Not only is God’s name blasphemed, but anything that is holy is blasphemed. The life of an unborn child, the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman, Christ Jesus’ shed blood on the cross.
- disobedient to parents – This one breaks my heart! Today’s children are so disrespectful and disobedient. It is not their fault, of course. It is the parents’ responsibility to teach them to be obedient and respectful. Adult children who criticize their parents will have children who will criticize them. I would never have thought to correct my parents or grandparents. I was taught to keep my opinions to myself and respect my elders. The Bible says to honour your parents (Eph 6:2-3). The Greek word for “honour” here is timao, which means to prize, that is, fix a valuation upon; by implication to revere: – honour, value. It doesn’t matter if you don’t agree with them or they do something wrong. They are to be honored and revered by the child. Why? the verses say so things will go well for the child and they can have long life! Let the Lord deal with your parents if you disagree. Just be obedient to the Lord. We are not each other’s personal “little holy spirits.” It is this disrespectful type of attitude that makes people think they have the “right” to do so.
- unthankful – People make their demands known to God and expect to have their prayers answered. But do they thank Him for what He has blessed them with? It’s worse with the unsaved today! You have a party and receive gifts; but do you send out a thank you note or email? Do you take time to actually thank someone for the time they have spent helping you with a task? Do you keep in mind the kindness of those people when emotions run high? People are so ungrateful today and it will be worse in the next few years.
- unholy – Oh my word, don’t even get me started. Think about this word for a moment; it is the total opposite of what is holy. Righteous living in one’s home, righteous speech, righteous actions in one’s own life is the opposite of unholy. Wicked people live wickedly in their homes, they speak wicked words and their actions are wicked. We see this even more so today. Cursing abounds today – troubled teens harm the weak – people mistreat others – commercials on television reveal the depravity in men’s hearts… I could go on and on.
- Without natural affection – What do you think is meant by natural affection? Natural affection is what a husband and wife have for each other; also what a parent has for their child. Today, people don’t get married but live together instead. As well, women feel they have a right to abort their own baby!
- trucebreakers – When a couple gets married, they sign a marriage contract. The divorce rate in the United States is said to be about 45%! That number has gone down over the years because people live together rather than get married. People sign contracts when they purchase a house yet they default on that contract and go bankrupt. And this is only a couple of examples!
- false accusers – How many times have we seen lately of people wrongfully accusing law enforcement officers of crimes they did not do? Most were unsubstantiated but the media did not cover the fact they were exonerated. Even if they are exonerated, the damage has been done and all people remember is the bad publicity. The media dove right into the water with both feet and made a spectacle of them. It is not just with law enforcement, women who falsely accuse a man for raping them. There are countless stories of men serving prison time only to get out years later because it was proven they were not guilty. Well, friend, it will get much worse as we draw closer to the Tribulation.
- incontinent – It used to be this word was only used for people who could not hold their bladder so it was said they were incontinent. However, the term originally meant “powerless, without self control.” Wow, are we ever experiencing that today! People do not have any self control in many aspects of their lives. They over eat, they are alcoholics, drug users, uncontrollable tempers, just to name a few!
- fierce – This word is defined as “savage.” It was said in early America that the Natives were fierce and, therefore, were called “savages.” Today we see people acting like savages – angry and hot headed. They are not brave at all. In fact, they prey on the weak in order for them to feel “strong” about themselves. Remember a few years ago when New York City was experiencing teenage boys going around knocking out people? They would swarm upon an elderly lady and punch her in the face and knock her out; or any other person who was alone.
- despisers of those that are good – Christians are ridiculed by Hollywood and the media today. It’s awful when a Christian is depicted in a movie or show, they are crazy, weak and silly. They are made fun of and ridiculed. We see the hatred for anything “holy” in today’s world – the secular church welcomes homosexuals without repentance – the world welcomes drag queens to read to their children! And when a person takes a stand for God’s Word in these matters, they are attacked!
- traitors – There have been traitors since the Old Testament, but none like we see today. We’ve seen it with our recent Covid battle. Vaccinated people would turn against those who were not vaccinated. We saw this even within families! Scripture says that unsaved children will turn in their saved parents to authorities during the Tribulation. Today’s events are moving toward this for sure!
- heady – Have you ever made a rash decision and regretted it later on? That’s the definition of “heady.” People jump in headlong into situations that they did not pray over, or seek advice from someone they trust and respect. They act now and think later; then they wished they had never bought that house or car; married that person, etc.
- highminded – This is much like the sin of pride but even more so. Someone who is highminded has an inflated sense of self conceit. Nothing they do is wrong – they are always right. Life is all about them and not about others.
- lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God – Well this is pretty self explanatory. People would rather stay home than go to church. People would rather indulge in things that bring them pleasure than to deprive themselves in order to help those in need.
- Having a form of godliness – I was raised in a religion where the hierarchy appears religious but they don’t read God’s Word nor do they practice it. This is a good example but it’s not just for religious leaders. It’s for all those who pretend they are Christians on Sunday morning and then they live in sin the rest of the time. Hypocrites in sheep’s clothing, practicing what appears good.
Is it any wonder that sin abounds during the Tribulation? Christians with Holy Spirit power have been removed during the Rapture and what is left behind is an unbelieving world where the devil’s influence is finally unleashed. Granted some will be saved because of God’s plenteous mercy but most will continue in their sin and their evil hearts will get all the more evil. If believers today stand disgusted what is good and the depravity of our beloved Country, can you imagine during those horrible seven years?
Today’s verses reveal the results of Babylon the Great’s fall. This city and its system comes to its downfall and it proves devastating to the entire world. Events occur all over the world today but they don’t affect the entire world. Revelation 18:9 says that Babylon’s fall will cause kings (and their kingdoms) to “bewail her, and lament for her.” Have you ever wailed in grief over the death of someone you love, Reader? This is what is going to happen here. These kings committed fornication with Babylon and lived deliciously with her. A kingdom usually goes the way of its leader. If the king is depraved, the people more than likely will be also. These were intimately involved with the sins of Babylon but now we see them coming to a realization that this is now over. It reminded me of Lot’s wife. Despite all the sinfulness of Sodom and Gomorrah, as they were escaping before its destruction, she turned back to look. The salt she should have had while living there (to cause others to want and receive her God) must not have caused others to thirst, so ironically God turns her into a pillar of salt. Why salt? I believe with all my heart it is so that people would learn from her sinful mistakes and thirst after the Lord and His Word!
Take a look at Revelation 18:11; it’s not only will the kings mourn Babylon’s fall but the merchants will also be mourning. Not because they have lost a loved one but because they are no longer able to sell their merchandise of gold, silver, precious stones, pearls, fine linen, etc.! Just read Revelation 18:12-14 and see just what they were selling! Their merchandise consists of every facet of life. Babylon comes to a dramatic end and everyone on earth is affected by it. Revelation 18:15-23 show the end results and we see that Babylon is not partially destroyed but entirely destroyed!
All has come to nothing (Revelation 18:15). All those “things” they had are now all destroyed. In just one hour, Babylon is made desolate! (Rev 18:19) They are not lamenting over God but, like Lot’s wife, over all their material things! God knocks down every idol in their lives and He destroys both their religious and economical systems!
I find it interesting that in the very next verse (Revelation 18:20), there is rejoicing going on in Heaven! It is such a polar opposite of what is going on here on earth. We see God’s avenging power on earth and all of Heaven is rejoicing. What they have been waiting for is now happening. The souls that were killed during the Tribulation are finally avenged:
Wow! The time has finally come for these Tribulation martyrs! No wonder there’s rejoicing!
As we see in Revelation 18:23, “by thy sorceries were all the nations deceived.” The Greek word for sorceries is “pharmakeia,” which means drugs and witchcraft.
From G5332; medication (“pharmacy”), that is, (by extension) magic (literal or figurative): – sorcery, witchcraft.
Have you ever witnessed someone suffering from the effects of drugs? They literally appear as though they are possessed by demons! Drugs make an “entryway” for demons to enter and control a body. Drugs are also used in various forms of sorcery and witchcraft. All the nations were deceived by these “sorceries.” The chapter ends by telling us that because of Babylon, the blood of the prophets, saints and all that were killed upon the earth during this time, were found in her. This wicked, wicked system and city is finally destroyed! This means that the Second of Coming of Christ is just around the corner! We will be covering this in the next chapter so be prepared! It is what every believer alive during the Tribulation is waiting for with anticipation!
You may be doubting that this is what lies ahead for those who are not born again. God’s Word WILL be fulfilled – every prophecy depicting what will happen during the Tribulation will come to be. No one can escape it. Isaiah said it best:
No one, no one, can stop what God ordained to happen during the Tribulation. You can doubt God’s Word all you want, but you won’t be able to stop His Word from moving forward.
I want to be sure that anyone who reads the posts on this blog can know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are going to Heaven. Have you received Christ as your Saviour? If no, your sins are not covered by Jesus’ sacrificial offering of Himself. You have not been redeemed by His blood. One can only be redeemed by Christ’s blood when one repents (turns away) of his sin and accepts the saving grace of Jesus! It is no coincidence that God has placed you here for such a time as this so that you may be saved if you are not already. Please click here and the link will open up in a separate tab to You Can Be Born Again and Know It!