A new day has dawned and another opportunity is given to us to reach others with the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ! We are quickly approaching the end of the Tribulation and will be able to see what will happen once the Lord Jesus defeats the terrible three: Satan, Antichrist and Beast! I love happy endings! But this is no fairytale, Reader! This is truth and every prophecy from the Bible has or will come true. I’ll prove this to you below. I especially love that we will reign with Jesus for 1,000 years! Now that’s a happy ending! 😀😀😀
Today’s post is longer than most, but please bear with me and read it through. There really was no place where I could stop and continue onto the next post, LOL! So now let’s move onto the most famous battle that will ever occur on this earth, and beginning with a little history and facts.
- The Valley of Megiddo is also known as the Jezreel Valley. It is no small valley: in fact, it is 150 square miles! This valley is surrounded by mountains but they are not true mountains. Rather, the mountains are comprised of 15 layers of different cities which were destroyed; their ruins lie one on top of the other.
- Megiddo is mentioned 11 times in the Old Testament, and referred to once in the New Testament as Armageddon. Did you know that the meaning of the number eleven can symbolize disorder, chaos and judgment? Interestingly, the number 10 (as in the Ten Commandments) represents the total opposite: the law and responsibility.
- The Valley of Megiddo will play an important part in the war to end all wars. In fact, its size and topography intrigued Napoleon so much as he looked upon this valley, that he said it was the perfect place to gather armies together. It’s ironic that Har Megiddo, Hebrew for Hill of Megiddo, is translated as the Hill of Slaughter. When I think of slaughter, the first thought that comes to mind is the slaughter of the Jews during Word War II by Hitler. As it was during that war, antisemitism will be at its worse during the last half of the Tribulation, along with a hatred for Christians.
We also see in this Sixth Vial Judgment, that the Euphrates River will dry up. Just as the Red Sea was parted and the sea bed was dry so that God’s people could cross, so will it be with the Euphrates. How? I don’t really know, but when the Scriptures say it will happen, you can take that to the bank! In fact, today (2022) the Euphrates has dried up in some places, whether due to political reasons (damming it up) or climate, who knows. But during this period, the Bible says it will be dried up enough for Armies of the East to cross over. It’s scary to think about this, but demonic-inspired influences will overpower nations and cause them to unite and converge against Israel. How do I know they are demonic? Revelation 16:13-14 tells us that the “spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world.” When I read the news today, wonder to myself what in the world could this government be thinking? Friend, we are living in a time where history is already being written. There is always a calm before the storm and that calm is upon us.
As many believe, the battle won’t necessarily take place in the valley of Armageddon. This was my thought as well, but I have since changed my view slightly. I don’t deny that the Valley of Megiddo is going to play an important part in the war to end all wars. But notice that Revelation 16:16 says that the Antichrist will gather his armies there. When Jesus comes to destroy those armies, He returns to Jerusalem because we read that He will be standing on the Mount of Olives.
So it appears to me that Satan’s armies gather in the Valley of Megiddo, but the actual war itself will end in Jerusalem. I have never researched where Megiddo is located in reference to Jerusalem before today. I’ve discovered that Megiddo is only less than three hours away! So it is quite feasible that with modern-day military technology, missiles could be launched from the Valley of Megiddo with their course set toward Jerusalem. Who knows? No one knows this war’s strategies, but we know for a fact that Jesus returns to Jerusalem with His armies. There has to be a battle in Jerusalem or He wouldn’t be coming to that location with His armies, amen? Remember, the Antichrist has placed himself in the Temple, pretending to be God, which is where? It is in Jerusalem.
Old Testament prophets wrote about this great battle and some of their prophecies are revealed in Revelation. For example, Ezekiel 38 and Revelation 16 have quite a lot in common:
|Ezekiel 38:19-22||Revelation 16:18-21|
|God’s “wrath” vs. 19||God’s “wrath” vs. 19|
|Great earthquake vs. 19||Great earthquake vs. 18|
|Mountains shall be thrown down vs. 20||Mountains were not found vs. 20|
|Pestilence vs. 22||Plague vs. 21|
|Great hailstones vs. 22||Great hailstones vs. 21|
In making comparisons of both books, I noticed that Revelation 16:12 speaks of Kings of the east while Ezekiel 38:2-6 speaks of nations primarily north and west of Israel. That is why I believe that the Battle of Armageddon isn’t one entire battle, but one that begins before the Tribulation with the North and culminates into the end time battle with and/or including the East. We are seeing it today with Russia’s invasion of the Ukraine. I believe that as this war progresses, more countries will align with Russia as it becomes a major force. At some point, they will also unite in turning against Israel. I also believe that the Antichrist is alive and well today, but he has not been revealed yet. There has to be some form of progression for him to come to power. He just won’t magically appear. I believe he is in the background at this very moment. If he is going to take over these countries, it’s possible the Antichrist will be a leader in one of these countries. This may be the very thing that will bring him into power. As I’ve said before, in order to need a peace treaty with Israel, one must conclude that there is an all out war against Israel. The Antichrist will sign that seven-year peace treaty with Israel and the people will rejoice over peace in the Middle East! This will be the very beginning of the Tribulation and one can start counting down seven years (360 Jewish days equal one year). Once the Antichrist has gotten everyone’s love, admiration and adoration, he will break that peace treaty after three and a half years. The armies of the east will then come on the scene and begin to form against Israel until we see that great Battle of Armageddon.
Why do I believe that everything the Book of Revelation states will happen? I believe the whole Bible; the fact that every single prophecy about Christ’s first coming to earth has been fulfilled leads me to believe that every single prophecy about the Tribulation and His Second Coming will happen! It is said that the odds of the 31 prophecies identifying the Messiah (a total of 365 Old Testament prophecies correctly fulfilled by His first coming) is:
Does that blow your mind? I read once that it is estimated that there were 250 million people alive in the world at the time that Jesus died (33AD). The following criteria would have to have been met by Jesus in order to “be the One true Messiah”!
- One male (out of the 250 million people in A.D. 33) would have had to die by crucifixion,
- That same male would have to have been of Jewish descent from King David
- That same male would have to have been born in Bethlehem
- That same male would have to have been a teacher using parables
- That same male would have to have healed others and performed miracles
- That same male would have to have ridden into Jerusalem on a donkey
- That same male would have to have been rejected by the leaders
- That same male would have had to have suffered no broken bones
- That same male would have to have had pierced feet, hands and side
- That same male would have to have died during absolute darkness
- This same male would have had died during that one unique week – the predicted week.
Does this put it into perspective? Now if you were to do these same calculations for all 365 Old Testament prophecies, it would be a mind boggling number! Since the Messiah Jesus Christ fulfilled all these things, you can be certain He will fulfill all the prophecies in the Old and New Testaments. These are facts! You may be an intellect and, therefore, you should know that when one is proving out historical facts, one must consider all the facts. Jesus fulfilled all the prophecies!
Remember, faith in God cannot be forced upon you. God created mankind with a free will. It is your choice whether or not to receive Christ as your Saviour (2Cor. 5:7 and Eph 2:8-9). This is the last call because His return is at the door. God is using a megaphone, if you will, to draw people to Him. People either run to Him or away from Him by the end of this chapter. Are you ready for all of this? Are you looking forward to the Rapture so we can be home with the Lord and not be subjected to God’s wrath upon this earth? I know I am!
Can you say the same, reader? Have you received Christ as your Saviour? If no, your sins are not covered by His sacrificial offering of Himself. You have not been redeemed by His blood. It is no coincidence that God has placed you here for such a time as this so that you may be saved if you are not already. Please click here and the link will open up in a separate tab to You Can Be Born Again and Know It!